The new Luton Airport Enterprise Zone, around 395 acres in size, will consist of three linked sites surrounding Luton Airport: Stirling Place, Century Park and Airport Business Park. This significant investment opportunity is being delivered by Luton Council in partnership with London Luton Airport Limited and South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership (SEMLEP).
The airport-related employment site will attract:
- Aerospace businesses
- Engineering and advanced manufacturing
- Specialist support services for airline and airport operations
- Associated leisure, hotel and catering businesses.
Government supported business incentives of the Enterprise Zone include:
- Enhanced Capital Allowances
- 100% business rate discount
- Simplified planning rules
- Funding for superfast broadband.
- The Enterprise Zone will create over 7,200 direct jobs
- Additional jobs will be created at the airport itself as a result of the redevelopment which will take the number of jobs to over 10,000
- Construction of a new £100 million road infrastructure scheme linking Century Park through to junction10 of the M1.
- The development of a mass passenger transport system which will connect Luton Airport Parkway railway station direct to the airport terminal, together with supporting infrastructure at Stirling Place.
There are opportunities within the existing Airport Business Park and for new business premises at Century Park, which will be facilitated by the new access road.
Place and Infrastructure