The Luton Airport Enterprise Zone, around 395 acres in size, will consist of three linked sites surrounding Luton Airport: Bartlett Square, Green Horizons Park and the Airport Business Park.
This significant investment opportunity is being delivered by Luton Council in partnership with Luton Rising and South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership (SEMLEP).
The airport-related employment site will attract:
• developing sustainability industries, research and finance
• aerospace businesses
• engineering and advanced manufacturing
• specialist support services for airline and airport operations
• associated leisure, hotel and catering businesses
Government-supported business incentives of the Enterprise Zone include:
• enhanced capital allowances
• 100% business rate discount (qualifying premises)
• simplified planning rules
• funding for superfast broadband
• the Enterprise Zone will create over 7,200 direct jobs
• additional jobs will be created at the airport itself as a result of the redevelopment which will take the number of jobs to over 10,000
• construction of a new £100m road infrastructure scheme linking Green Horizons Park through to Airport Way and providing easy onward access to junction 10 of the M1
• the development of Luton DART will connect Luton Airport Parkway railway station direct to the airport terminal, together with supporting infrastructure at Bartlett Square
There are opportunities within the existing Airport Business Park and for new business premises at Green Horizons Park, which will be facilitated by the new access road being delivered under the airport’s long-term expansion proposals.
Bartlett Square and Green Horizons Park have gained planning permission.
The Airport Business Park is subject to planning permission.