The Mall Luton Shopping Centre
The Mall Luton is owned and managed by Capital & Regional, a UK focused specialist property REIT with a strong track record of delivering significant value enhancing retail and leisure asset management opportunities.
The Mall is a 1 million square foot shopping centre in the heart of Luton with 122 retailers, over 2,000 employees, circa 21 million visitors and £227 million gross sales annually.
Capital & Regional has already invested £30 million upgrading and maintaining The Mall Luton with new retailers and services since 2010.
Current improvement projects underway include:
- An investment of over £5 million to bring Arndale House back into use, with Luton Borough Council and Luton and Dunstable NHS Trust leasing the 52,000 sq ft of office space.
- A £7 million upgrade of the Centre comprising:
- Family Zone – A new family room with provision for buggy access, baby changing and feeding, toddler toilets, new seating etc.
- Kids Play – Located within the Family Zone, it will comprise a toddler/young child play area with ‘soft’ climbing frames, obstacles, blocks etc.
- Feast Street – Relocation of The Entertainer, securing vacant possession of other units and creation of a better quality ‘grab and go’/food court area with a strong link and improved/opened up entrance onto George Street.
- Entrance enhancements – More welcoming and better aesthetic profile onto surrounding streets.
- Mall ambience – Improved lighting, planting, general seating and improved flooring.
- Further work is in progress looking to work with Luton Borough Council aiming to improve the town centre outside Capital & Regional’s ownership, and specifically to help integrate the proposed new stadium for Luton Town Football Club on the Power Court site into the wider town centre.
Retail Asset Manager
020 7932 8870
The Mall Luton General Manager